"Abandon Hype All Ye Who Enter Here!"

Steppenwolf

"Eternity is a mere moment; just long enough for a joke!"

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Takes all kinds!


A long dreary day of diverse diversions it was indeed. It’s always interesting to keep track of the many different types of individuals you meet in an average day. Yesterday morning found me playing in the sun with a bunch of rough and tumble Prairie wild men; small wonder they named this flatter than piss on a plate province Sasquatchewan! Yes, another sweltering day tied down by the, ‘Ball & Chain’, gang! But, my partner and I, with the assistance of our ten ‘pen-pals’, pulled it off; no one was hurt, and no one suffered from heat stroke.

Then, mercifully, for both myself and hapless bystanders, a shower, and it was off for an evening’s entertainment, brought to you by those nice people at CBA Toastmasters. I had an easy evening, having only to evaluate a presentation by ToonTown’s own, Terry McBride; just as well as my muscles are still acclimatizing to my, “Rock & Roll” day job! (ed. Note: “That’s, Grab a Rock & Roll it Off the Road! I always dreamed of being a, ‘Roadie’, but, for the love of heaven, I don’t know why ...now!)


Bunch of keeners, the good people at CBA. Terry did a persuasive speech, extolling the benefits and virtues of taking up a, two wheeled, pedal powered lifestyle, and extolling them well indeed! Next was Steve Moloney who gave a great performance on the power of, “Yes I Can!”, which, from what I heard last night, is a far better road to success than, “No I can’t!” The final speaker for the evening was a young lady named, ‘Sara’, who has just completed her Master’s Degree in something or other; her theme concerned how an individual might face the multitude of choices occasioned by a sudden exit from Academia resulting in a chill plunge into the, ‘Real World’. Sara had a knack for turning a phrase which I much enjoyed; she told us that one parent was Scandinavian, and the other Oriental, resulting in, as she put it, a ScandinAsian! I’ve certainly scanned an Asian before, and this one scanned not half bad!

Then, having left both the Sasquatches and Keeners behind, it was time to wander down to Vangelli’s, and spend a little time with the ‘dick joke’ dudes! But first to Tim’s, as the thread of the day was beginning to unravel! Not a penny on me, but, my debit card was in hand! However ...Tim’s debit system was down farther than my caffeine levels, so, if I was to stand up, it would have to be empty handed. Good crowd last night, and many made me feel welcome, but, it didn’t start, and then ...it didn’t start again. Finally, with my energy ebbing on a Rip Tide, it was 10:30, and still no sign of when I might go on. I pulled the plug, and ‘low-tailed’ it to Kinley, arriving home at 11:45.


I was a little wound, and had to sit down and unwind with Peter Mansbridge, a cup of coffee, and a paper twined sample of ‘Gallows Grass’; odd, isn’t it, how a Man with weed to burn, will often find a perfect match! Got ¾ of the coffee, and ½ the joint choked down, and awoke at 2:40 to hear Peter repeating himself! I like Peter, and find both him and the CBC a compelling soporific, but, even I couldn’t sleep through it twice. Off to spoon with my Bride, then, at 4:50, roll call for the Rock & Roll Road Show! So, that is how I failed to make my #34 performance. I’ll try it again next week, ‘til then, a rolling stoner gathers no ‘z’s!

No comments:

Post a Comment