"Abandon Hype All Ye Who Enter Here!"

Steppenwolf

"Eternity is a mere moment; just long enough for a joke!"

Monday, March 1, 2010

...The Kinky Kinley Knight?!?


I’ve been free and easy throwing titles at the other Comics at the, ‘Refuse to Sit Down’ table, but I haven’t found one for myself that sparks satisfaction. I toyed with one of my favourites, ‘The Knight of the Sorrowful Countenance’, but, while there are lots of windmills around ‘Toon Town, that titles taken; besides, it doesn’t quite fit my material, and it conveys a level of seriousness that I, somehow, fail to aspire to.


You could find a little ‘Norman’ flair with, “Sir Zombie of ‘Ze Comedy”, but ...perhaps a little awkward and ...definitely lacking life! Truth be told ...a little too close to it! Although, it would make for a great, ‘encore call’ ...”Bring Back The Dead!”

The, “Kinky Kinley Knight,” has a nice, quasi-alliterative quality, but ...perhaps a little too suggestive; besides, poor Kinley’s been picked on enough and ...I don’t do, ‘Humour Noir’! Also ...there’s only one ‘Master’ in this assemblage ...so ...where would that leave me!?

No ...if a title is to ring with authenticity ...and bathe it’s wearer in merited glory, it has to reflect genuine abilities and attributes. That really narrows the field of possibilities! So, ...I think that, for the time being, I’ll settle on, "Sir Limpalot" ...it has an epic ring to it ...and, makes me sound impotent!

 Sir Limp-A-Lot”! (The comic who could ...never ...quite ...get it up!)

"I fritter away hours,
In an off-hand way,
While I really should think,
Of something funny to say!"

Sir Limp-A-Lot

No comments:

Post a Comment