"Abandon Hype All Ye Who Enter Here!"

Steppenwolf

"Eternity is a mere moment; just long enough for a joke!"

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

...bet your Skull & Crotch Bones!




A real comic has to have a 'set'. You can't just stay at home polishing your 'set'; at some point, you have to, "Tread the Boards" ...an old Theatric expression meaning, 'Take a Turn on Stage'. Oddly enough, it's on those 'boards' where you risk losing your 'set'! One mis-step buddy and you ...Walk the Plank! All too predictable a fate when you're under the watchful eyes of ...three 'Jolly Rogers'! (Sorry Shaw people ..."Shaw" just wouldn't work in this pun ...I tried!)

My cowardly cur, Claymore, cowers under the couch while I polish my set. I know, it's just 'one small step for a man', but, one giant leap for a comic ...possibly into oblivion! I've bet my set! Am I nervous?!? ...You bet your "Skull & Crotch Bones!"


No comments:

Post a Comment