"Abandon Hype All Ye Who Enter Here!"

Steppenwolf

"Eternity is a mere moment; just long enough for a joke!"

Monday, June 14, 2010

Not in the Woods No More!



It had to happen sooner or later, ...our Kinley Postal workers went Postal. Neighbour Jerry arrived last night as I was barbequeing, in his hand a fresh picture of the couple that deliver our mail. Jerry said, "You won't have to worry about your bear no more!" Sure enough, stretched out before our Posties was a very 300 lb, very dead bear ...posed with a high caliber rifle propped against it!

I said, "Very nice Jerry, but ...that ain't my bear!" It had been shot 2 miles north of Kinley last Wednesday, but, truth to tell, this bear appeared a brownish colour, and ours had appeared a very believable 'black'! I don't wish to sound boastful, but ...in my minds' eye, our bear was also about three sizes larger!

Just an update folks. I have little time to concern myself with Postal workers shooting bears, while I'm preparing to shoot bull! However, the event does give this Provinces Posties a new twist on an old boast, "Niether rain, nor sleet, nor snow, nor dark of night, ...hmmm ...did I mention bears!?

No comments:

Post a Comment