"Abandon Hype All Ye Who Enter Here!"

Steppenwolf

"Eternity is a mere moment; just long enough for a joke!"

Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Black Angus!


The show for Dec. 20th, went ahead. It was at the, “Black Angus”, bar in the town of Aberdeen, about 70 miles East of Kinley. We arrived on time to find about 50 people in attendance; each of whom had paid $12.00 to attend a comedy show. I had ten minutes of untried, ‘fresh off the presses’, material to present. The material I chose to try was mainly Farmer, Hillbilly, Hick jokes. Rather than point a finger at the audience, I talked minly about growing up on a farm outside the Hamlet of Smithdale, ON. Unknown to me there was a party of people from the town of 'Asquith', just ten miles East of Kinley, at the bar. It was nice to hear the cheers when they heard where I was from.


The show went over well, both audience and owner happy with our efforts. I was quite happy with the reception of my material. The owner of the 'Black Angus' talked to us about the possibility of returning for a show on a monthly basis. An old Scotish Doll, with a thick brogue, and a blind husband came up to me afterwards to tell me how they enjoyed my act, and enquire whether I was indeed from an all Scotts background. I returned to Kinley to prepare another 10 minutes of material for Vangeli’s, “Christmas Comedy Bash”, on the 23rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment