"Abandon Hype All Ye Who Enter Here!"

Steppenwolf

"Eternity is a mere moment; just long enough for a joke!"

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back On Board!

Made it to Beily’s last night; it felt good to be back. It turned out to be a small, but enthusiastic crowd; perhaps 50 people. The biggest change was in the comic roster; our Crown Prince is in LA for a couple of months, Sir and Lady Lots O’ Laughs have returned to the Territories, and the one and only ‘Jester’ is doing his ‘jesting’ in Edmonton these days. Under those circumstances it was it was a meagre line up, but, the quality was there.


The Master opened the proceedings with a half hour of hilarity. In the line up was Jim Fooks, Joel Jeffrey, and myself; generously the fellows let age precede talent and I was able to go on first. I’d been concerned about my reception at Beily’s in the past, as well as an inability to hold the audience, but, last night I seemed to find a connection, and, from my point of view, everything seemed to go quite well.

The Master is running a Comedy Contest, and I had believed that it was to start next week. At the last minute he decided to start it last night, with the audience voting for who they felt did the best. I left immediately after my presentation, and never did hear how the polling went. As it sits I’m committed to doing Beily’s for the next seven weeks, but must get my rest if I’m to continue working, and getting up at 4:30 am.

All told, a good evening, and, my 42nd comic appearance. It felt a little strange with so many familiar faces missing, but ...it was still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment